Few days ago i was notified of a very slow database startup time after someone installed a new application. Here is the result obtained in a clone environment :
5 Min ! That’s great … let’s see what’s going on :
There is nothing special in the log/trace files but i noticed high CPU consumption :
Using Linux perf tools here is what i found (different screen capture sorry :p) :
It seem that something related to auditing is slowing down the startup process . The database is running in pure unified auditing mode.
Whaaaaaat ….. 16750 AUDIT policies ! Created automatically by the application !
AS the manual state :
So i created only one audit policy and loaded all the other audit actions in it :
25 Sec ! Ok that’s far better !
I have now to talk to the application support team to check why they have done …..
That’s it 😀